ForumsQuestionsAdd multiple tasks as tasks and subtasks?

Add multiple tasks as tasks and subtasks?
mbinkle

Posted: Jan 28, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,

I'm a student, so at the beginning of a term we'll get a bunch of topics, and below each topic a list of cases that we need to read and such.

I'd really like to import this almost wholesale into Toodledo. I could create a folder for each class, and then a task for each subject, and sub-tasks for each reading.

So, I'd like "Topic X" to be the main task, and below it "reading 1" "reading 2" and "reading 3" as sub-tasks. Obviously this can be done by manually dragging things around, but when you're dealing with literally hundreds of readings for 5 classes, that would get very time consuming and annoying quickly. It would be much easier and faster if it could be done directly from the add multiple tasks tool. I'd be able to basically do a copy and paste from the reading list, and then just do some reformatting.

So, if I wanted to set up a bunch of tasks as above, I would put the following in the multiple add tool:
Topic X
-Reading 1
-Reading 2
-Reading 3
Topic Y
-Reading A
-Reading B

Which would create two tasks, and five sub-tasks (the dash in this case should be interpreted to mean "subtask").

This is how I see it working best in my head; if I'm missing something and there's already a way to easily do what I suggest I'd love to hear it.

Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 28, 2010
It is not currently possible to bulk-add subtasks, although this is on our to-do list.
mbinkle

Posted: Jan 31, 2010
Thanks!
Transisto

Posted: Feb 01, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Ultimately You could bunch-add them as tasks and edit
the XML export and import as following

replace

<parent>0</parent><title>Lecture???
by
<parent>"TASK ID"</parent><title>Lecture???

Warning : Make some backup not to screw everything :)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.