ForumsQuestionsAuto EMail a task based on a Folder

Auto EMail a task based on a Folder
JHenning

Posted: Jan 29, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I have folders setup for each of my 5 employees. I place items in Folders based on the employee I need to do the task. Then I go into my email and email them the same thing. It stays in the folder until completed.

I would love the ability to assign an email address to a folder so anytime I create or update a task in that folder the person gets an email of that task item and the details of it.

Then in a perfect world the person could reply to that email and there reply would be place in the notes of that task.

Any suggestions or cost on how to get this done? THANK YOU
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 29, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion.
Transisto

Posted: Jan 31, 2010
Not quite what you want but, if you create a task via email and add you employees as a CC, He will receive that task and he could reply to your toodledo account or if he reply to you could make a filter in gmail that would foward it to your toodledo email. And overall that task could be a Folder,,, and your employees would have to use the right syntax.,
Far fetch but If that can help,

I don't think this will be done anytime soon as the use-case for this is uncommon and it would be like easier to have multiple pro account for you employees,,,

I have never used the assign function but I think it should do what you want...

This message was edited Jan 31, 2010.
JHenning

Posted: Feb 16, 2010
Transisto:

Thanks for the suggestion. I maybe able to do something with that idea.

As an FYI, the way Toodledo handles multiple accounts and assignments is kind of funny. The last I checked they support something called collaborators and once you assign a task it moves from your list to the collaborator that you assigned and becomes a task they manage not you. Of course it can be read only but that doesn't help when you need progress notes or you need to over see the task they may move or delete.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 17, 2010
We plan to enhance our collaboration tools in a future update to allow a task to appear on multiple people's lists simultaneously.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.