ForumsQuestionsQuick/easy way to open Note

Quick/easy way to open Note
lite1

Posted: Jan 31, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I am using website app. For many tasks (even some subtasks)I use the Note memo field which is stuck at the far right of the display and requires scrolling and clicking to get to it - very slow and horrible work flow. I believe that right now it can only be opened by a mouse click.

Some possibilities:
1) Keyboard short cut to open the Note of task/subtask that I am on.
2) Allow tabbing to move me to the Note and then enter to open it.
3) Move the icon for Note to the left side (perhaps next to Star).
4) When you hover on task icon (hand or parent) then have Open Note clickable text there.

========
I am aware of and use the Show Notes and Hide Notes toggle, however this acts globally and if one makes extensive use of Notes then having them all open often adds lots of clutter to what one is viewing. Finer grained and quick/easy control-access is what is requested.
========================

I know that there have been lots of requests for improving the user interface. Increasing key board short cuts is my main request, and "fixing" access to Note via key board is probably at the top of my personal list. Love all the recent improvements to TD - keep up the good work.
Claudio

Another possibility that might work for you is to use the Multi-line view instead of the Grid view. This will make the Notes icon more easily clickable, but still does not provide keyboard access to it. You will, of course, need to open a task before being able to view or edit the details.
lite1

Claudio ... good suggestion which has pros and cons to it. I'll probably experiment with using Multi-line view for some of what I do in TD on website, but in most cases for my needs the cons of Multi-line outweigh the cons of Grid view as my preferred layout.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 03, 2010
Thanks for the suggestions. Another option is to remove unused fields, or resize the columns so that you don't have to scroll horizontally.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.