ForumsQuestionsShared List with delegation

Shared List with delegation
dave.s.rai

Posted: Jan 31, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Is there any way to create a task where it can be assigned to a different person (assuming both IDs have pro-subscription), but also appear or could be tracked by the original person that created the task?

We have a team of people in the field and are using Toodledo, but it is essential for one person to monitor tasks in the office.

I can't figure out how to do this. If we assign tasks, they disappear from the original person (hence don't show up in reports).

Related question - is there any way of just assigning sub-tasks, instead of the parent task?

If these features aren't available, they would really help if they are added. Any work around suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks,

Dave
PeterW 

Posted: Jan 31, 2010
Hi Dave,

I don't think this is possible - other more learned users can confirm this.

One workaround I can think of:
Provided the office person is the one doing the task delegation, they could use the "clone" feature to create a copy of the task and move it into their "Waiting for" folder perhaps with a note as to whom it was delegated.

That way they could follow up on these tasks and check them off when it has been confirmed the task is complete.

If you have any kind of volume then I would guess you need something more robust with workgroup capabilities. This is beyond Toodledo at present.

Here's one I know of that our company uses for scheduling work: http://www.centraldesktop.com/

Cheers,
Peter.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 03, 2010
It is currently not possible to have a task appear on two people's lists at the same time, but this is at the top of our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.