ForumsQuestionsIPhone, Voice Memos, Toodledo

IPhone, Voice Memos, Toodledo
zjkarim

Posted: Feb 03, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,
I wondering if someone has tried to get their iPhone voice memos to be converted to text and then the task automatically added to Toodledo as a task?

I was able to use the free Dragon Dictation app to capture a voice memo and then email it to myself using gmail and then later I went to my desktop computer and manually added it to Toodledo. I was just looking to see if there was a better way and if people actually use this method at all?

If there is a free /inexpensive method all the better.
Thanks!
Z
PeterW 

Some folk here have mentioned Dial2Do as a way of getting voice messages auto-emailed. Here is a link: http://www.dial2do.com/
David

Put your TD email address (https://www.toodledo.com/connect_email.php) in your phone's contacts; email to that and it will be in your in-box ("No Folder") or wherever you designate if you use the proper syntax.
zjkarim

Thank you both for the good ideas so far.
Any others?
Z
davidholliday

I used to use Jott.com but recently switched to dial2do. D2D seems to understand me a bit better and also gives a longer recording time.

With out AT&T plan we get to choose 10 number to call for free, so I've made D2D one of these. Nice being able to leave as many voice notes as I want without using minutes.

I use D2D mainly for making appointments in Google Calendar and notes in Evernote. I sometime send notes into Toodledo, but I tend to use Evernote as my GTD inbox and most stuff ends up there for processing.

D2D doesn't transcribe perfectly, but is great for capturing thoughts while driving, which is what I mainly use it for.

Dragon Dictation is interesting as well - I've been playing with the punctuation and formatting of text and it works quite well. Downside for me is that I can't use my BlueTooth headset with it, so D2D is a better tool in the car.

I also have (although not used much) the ability to record voice notes right into Evernote with their iPhone app. No transcription with this, but something that could be useful at some point, I'm sure.

Cheers!
David
zjkarim

Posted: Feb 04, 2010
Thank you David, very interesting
Z.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.