ForumsQuestionsFeature Request and First Impressions

Feature Request and First Impressions
runey71

Posted: Feb 13, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I am still experimenting with Toodledo to find it's strengths and weaknesses... Regardless I am a Pro user so I could see what is truly possible...

As discussed in another topic I too would of liked to see an instant reminder as well but given the explanation given as to why it doesn't exist then that is fair enough... Hopefully it is something that can be looked at again in the future...

Multiple reminders is a definite must for me though... I really hope this feature is implemented... I need it for two reasons... Sometimes I will have a task set for very early so I want to be reminded before I go to bed that it is due... I will have to change my alarm or make sure other things are available... Then of course I want to be reminded just before hand as well... In that situation a 2 stage reminder is more than adequate... However I also get easily side tracked and often need to be reminded again and again that a task is due... Even if this was put in some format where you could choose an interval to be reminded repeatedly until the task is marked as complete... So a tick box called 'Remind until complete?' with a user definable interval e.g. 15min or 1hr...

The intervals for reminders needs a little bit of tweaking as well... Including an option for 8hrs and 12hrs... Currently I am only seeing 4hrs and then a jump to 1 day... This is definitely causing problems for me...

Another thing which is causing me problems is when a task is not completed... If that task is a repeated task and it is not competed then the new task never appears... No reminder for the new task even though it is due... So I find myself having to mark a task as complete even though it was not done... Sometimes completing a task is not possible and thats just life... I still need to know when that task is due again next though... A couple options would be the incomplete task expiring after a certain time frame... That time could be user defined or maybe based on the repeat length... Obviously if you miss a daily task then you want it to expire quickly... If you miss a monthly task then it's not so urgent... The other option, or better yet in tandem, would be the ability to actually mark the task as incomplete... Something along these lines is a major need for me... So far I haven't an alternative that is suitable...

Overall I am loving Toodledo though... The only things giving me pause from diving right in and therefore implementing across my business are the following...

- Expanded reminder intervals (can work around if necessary)
- Multiple reminders (can work around if necessary)
- Repeated reminders (a definite must)
- Handling of incomplete tasks (a definite must)

Of course there are a few things on the hopefully one day soon wish list...

- Integration with Evernote (ie Being able to grab an note from EN to attack to a task, or sending a ToDo list from Toodledo into Evernote)
- Automatic sync of Outlook Calendar into Toodledo
- Automatic sync of Google Calendar into Toodledo
- Improved reminder via SMS (seems overly complicated to setup whereas Google Calendar took a few seconds)
- Reminders sent to Twitter and IMs like Skype or MSN etc

Hopefully someone from Toodledo reads this and seriously considers the enhancements to the reminder system and the issue of incomplete tasks... I would love to give this the thumbs up and start rolling it out into real life use...

Thanks for you time...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 13, 2010
Thanks for the suggestions. You can already do some of what you are requesting.

1) Handling incomplete repeating tasks is done by making it an "optional" task.
2) We can sync with Outlook
3) We can send reminders to Twitter

You can read about these in our help section and in the Tools section.
runey71

Posted: Feb 14, 2010
Thanks for your response... I'll check out the optional task and see if that helps...

I thought when I look at syncing with Outlook it had to be done manually... i.e. export Outlook calendar and import it into Toodledo... I'll have another look...

Oops must of completely overlooked the Twitter option... I'll have another look at that too...

Just wondering what is the likelyhood of seeing the suggestions about the reminders being implemented at some stage...

EDIT: Still playing around with various options... I noticed that sending task to Twitter happens for all tasks due within that hour rather than actually using the reminder time set... For me it would be preferable to use the reminder time set to determine when to send to Twitter...

This message was edited Feb 14, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 16, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.