ForumsQuestionsCouple of issues with the "Search" functionality

Couple of issues with the "Search" functionality
chogg

Posted: Aug 12, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,

I have two issues with search: one is really quick to fix, and the other probably isn't (and I'm not even sure whether you'll consider it a "bug" or a "feature").

---

First, the quickie: when I save a search with a name having an apostrophe, the link has a backslash-apostrophe instead of just the apostrophe.

---

The next thing: I use Saved Searches as my own little custom categories, which I think is pretty much how they're meant to be used. I also use a "Project" context for my GTD "projects", and add subtasks to it for Next Actions.

Let's say I want to look at a list of projects, e.g., which are in the "Work" folder and are tagged with "Lab". I can easily get this list with a custom search (and thanks for that, by the way!). However, I can't then see my actions for that project, if I click the link to expand and show subtasks: it won't show them, because their context isn't "Project"!

So, to summarize my second point: in a saved search, you can't view subtasks of a parent task, unless those subtasks also match all the search criteria. This seems to me to limit the usefulness of the saved search feature.

---

Thanks again for the great tool :)

Chip
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 12, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the bug report and feature suggestion. I have added them to our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.