ForumsQuestionsFeature Requests and Fixes

Feature Requests and Fixes
richard

Posted: Feb 28, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hello TD,

First, thank you for developing this site and app.
Kudos for being honest and working with your customers to make it better.
I spent about 3 weeks developing my todo GTD system and I am very happy.
With that said ... The sites' initial presentation appeared daunting. Through reading and trial and error I was able to figure out some cool stuff but I think many people are just turned off due to the daunting nature of putting in the effort to make it work for them.

Thanks for reading my list, hopefully so eof these are already on the dev tree.

Here are a few suggestions ...

On iPhone ...
1. Push Notifications to Update Badge on new tasks entered today for Today(settable) without ticking the remind me field in the task.
2. Tasks input on web with date due of today should push notify iPhone immediately and update badge.
2. Being able to set individual filters per folder or context view, or by individual view.
3. Saved searched availability on iPhone.
4. Being able set default view down to the real folder contents (or tag, due, etc etc) not just the top level "Folder" tab.

On Website ...
1. Faster WebiCal updating in Google Calendar. (not sure where the lag is)
2. Email import to a settable default folder instead of no folder
3. Able to set date and time in email import with modifiers.
4. Able to interface directly with Gmail IM not through Twitter.
5. Create a folder that is based on a search. A Smart Folder. Have that same folder on iPhone.
6. Gmail integration with Contacts for quick task adding.
7. Customize the Tag list and edit in bulk the Tag lists.
8. Customize or add onto the Status Lists.
9. Ability to turn on and use a field, but optionally turn off the column in individual views. ie: Turn on View Goals only in Projects Folder, or Someday.
10. Customize and remember sort options independently on each screen, ie: Folders, Contexts, etc.
11. Customize and remember the filter options independently on each screen, ie: Folders, Contexts, etc.
12. Modify styles without Stylish, or offer some of the sytles already available on userstyles.org
13. Email import with file attachment automatically adds file to task.
14. Auto refresh when things change, edits are made, or stuff come in from email and iphone.
15. Rearrange/customize NOTE and ATTACHment column
16. Projects number in tab should reflect projects/subtasks or have option option to show subtasks vs top level projects.
17. Repeating items should be able to set an end date for the repeat, or have an option for repeat x amount of times.
18. Tag and Date popups tend to linger too long or never close when items selected.
19. Make a few template gtd systems available from the start, plus the option of starting from scratch.

On Widget ...
1. Hitting refresh should refresh the current view, not put you back into the parent view of the item.
2. Deploy dedicated UI rather than just displaying the slim mobile website.
Transisto

Posted: Mar 01, 2010
On Website ...
1. the lag is google
2. I agree , in the meanwile just type *a for "a" folder
3. What do you mean modifiers.?
4. Maybe you mean "Gtalk INSTEAD of through Twitter ?. (twitter support is a lot already)
5. yes (I use a safari shotcut to spingboard intead)
6. Before asking, do you see how it would work ?
7. HOW DO YOU EDIT/ADD TAGs OTHERWISE ? (use coma ?)
8. ??? This is already how it work!!!
9. "Ability to turn on and use a field" ???

I'm done, sorry I don't understand...

Please no grocery list of requests,

This message was edited Mar 01, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted: Mar 02, 2010
Posted by richard:
On Website ...
2. Email import to a settable default folder instead of no folder

This would be OK as long as we can leave the default blank to go to "No folder". I forward emails without any specification as to folder, context, tag, due date etc and process my Inbox (No folder) on Toodledo.com when I have time.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestions. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.
richard

Transisto (cool name) For clarity ...

3. Modifiers (= or >)... if you try and set a date to either #=5/12/08 or #>tomorrow the date is dropped from the subject altogether. You can only specify the date if you dont use these modifiers.

4. Yes, Gtalk.

5. I meant iPhone app.

6. Have the widget/greasemonkey/api able to communicate with gmail contacts, so you can write ... Call Bob, and the widget inserts the phone number. There are other products that do that (rtm). It is a handy feature, just thought I would ask.

7. Just like the contexts and folders section. Being able to edit the tags would be key. So if you modify a tag, all the todo items get modified to reflect the tag.

8. The status lists (Next Action, Planning etc) seems static. It would be nice to be able to add items to this list.

9. Fields currently can be turned on and off. But that is a global function. It would be nice to turn on a field, but also choose not to display it. Also, have that "view" customizable for individual folders.

Thanks,
Keep up the good work.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.