ForumsQuestionsPush Notifications not working with iPhone

Push Notifications not working with iPhone
antoinettemims

Posted: Mar 03, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I'm a newbie. downloaded the app yesterday, and i've been trying to get my push notifications working.

i've followed the steps. iphone is listed as a device on the tools and settings sections. i've checked the settings on my phone and have myself signed up for notifications. additionally, i made sure that my time zone is correct. i've set the timer, i have a due date and due time.

and i'm not receiving push notifications. i even signed up for SMS notifications and i'm not getting those either... i'm really disappointed and not sure what's going wrong.

i feel like i've covered all the bases outlined here and the directions for setting it up! HELP!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 03, 2010
Have you checked the "Remind Me" checkbox above the due-date calendar? You need to check the checkbox to get a reminder. And the reminder needs to be at least 10 minutes in the future for it to get into the system in time to be sent out, so if you are trying to test it by setting a reminder that will be sent in 1 minute, it will never get sent.

The other thing to check is that your iPhone has a network connection, because without reception, the iPhone can't get the reminder.
antoinettemims

Posted: Mar 04, 2010
I've done both of these things - still no reminders. I even signed up for the SMS reminders and the email reminders, and I'm not getting those also. Could this be an issue with my free pro trial?

I've made sure that they are further off to test it and they are not working. Additionally, I'm sure I have the remind me box checked and reminder time selected.

It's just weird to me that I'm not even receiving the email reminders, which has nothing to do with my phone.

I've set reminders on my phone and made sure they were sync'd and I have also set reminders on my computer and ensured that the box was checked. I'm growing frustrated because it is not working...
brent

I think I am missing reminders as well. Not just push but also all email. My wife didn't seem to be getting either (since yesterday).
antoinettemims

Frankly, I think it's a problem with the Toodledo system, because it makes no sense that I also wouldn't be getting email reminders.

I've given up on this. I need something that works. I submitted a ticket, but I'm hesitant in spending $20 on something that isn't working already...

*just downloaded RTM*
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I've been getting my reminders (email and iPhone) all day, so it isn't 100% broken. Can you please create a support ticket so that we can look into your account?
antoinettemims

I've created one yesterday. Hopefully I hear back soon.
PeterW 

I consistently get my daily Hotlist from Toodledo. How do you get single task reminders?
mike

Posted: Mar 05, 2010
I'm not getting any push reminders, sms texts, or emails either. I've opened a ticket. It's all been setup and working for the last 6+ months, all broken since yesterday.

This message was edited Mar 05, 2010.
brent

Alerts seem to be working again.

PeterW see: http://www.toodledo.com/connect_remind.php - Instructions are at the top of the page.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We did find a small bug that was causing a few of the alerts to be delayed and we fixed this. Sorry about the inconvenience.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.