ForumsQuestionsOpenid Login not working with Firefox plugin

Openid Login not working with Firefox plugin
Bhaskar Iyer

Posted: Aug 18, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

Your help file says that you can create a new password in your account setting if you are using openid to login and want to use the firefox plugin. However when you try to set the new password, it asks you to enter the old password and gives you this error message if you leave it blank.

"Your entered your old password incorrectly.
Your new password was not saved."

Ideally if you created your account using openid login, the old password field should not show up at all. Has any one successfully used BOTH openid login and firefox plugin? Please Help.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 18, 2008
Yes, you can use both an OpenID and a regular Toodledo password. To set this up, go to your account settings and then look for the link to create a password.

If it is asking you to type in your old password, then you already have a Toodledo password. You can use the "I forgot" link to get a reminder if you can't remember anymore.

Hope that helps

This message was edited Aug 18, 2008.
Bhaskar Iyer

Posted: Aug 19, 2008
hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I used the "I forgot" link for password reset as you suggested even though I did not set the password initially as I setup my account using Openid login. I received the system generated password through email but it still does not allow me to login through that password or change it to a new password.

However I was able to configure my firefox plugin with the system password. So in a round about way my problem has been fixed.

Just curious, is it possible to have both openid login and a normal login with user name and password?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 19, 2008
Yes, it is possible to have both an OpenID and an email/password login to Toodledo. You can set this up in your account settings.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.