ForumsQuestionsTEMPLATES/COPYPASTE

TEMPLATES/COPYPASTE
admin

Posted: Aug 21, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Can you copy/paste tasks/subtasks? -OR- Is there a way to make a task template that has a preset list of subtasks?

I know you can repeat tasks/subtasks, but I need to be able to add a recurring task with multiple subtasks on an ad hoc basis.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 21, 2008
Currently Toodledo does not have templates, but one work around is to create a CSV file in excel that contains the tasks that you want to upload. Then you just use the "import" tool each time you want to recreate these tasks.

Hope that helps.
saskia.x

Posted: Sep 04, 2008
I think the lack of a simple way to copy existing tasks is a major omission in an otherwise fantastic task manager; it's something I frequently wish was there! I often create tasks that are very similar to existing tasks (e.g same folder, context, goal, tags & repeat schedule, and sometimes parts of the task title too) and it'd be so much quicker and simpler if I could just duplicate the existing task and edit the relevant bits rather than clicking through all the drop down lists and re-typing stuff.

It'd be even better if we could accomplish this duplicating by just doing something like dragging the task whilst pressing Ctrl (which is one way of duplicating a file in windows, so it'd be logical to use the same shortcut). This would also be a great way to quickly change one field; if you are viewing your tasks sorted by context, say, you could drag it to another context whilst pressing Ctrl and duplicate an exact copy but with another context. I realise these things are often easier to think up than to do in practice, so if this kind of behaviour is difficult to produce then any kind of task duplication you can manage would be gratefully received!
Bartosz Gajek

what saskia.x was saying is that we don't want to make listing chores another chore becouse of the ammount of clicking we have to put into creating more than 3 tasks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
saskia.x

Posted: Sep 17, 2008
Posted by garroteman:
what saskia.x was saying is that we don't want to make listing chores another chore becouse of the ammount of clicking we have to put into creating more than 3 tasks

That is exactly what I meant! A tool designed to help improve productivity shouldn't take any more time and effort to use than is absolutely necessary, otherwise it's yet another productivity drain. Any features that make things easier & quicker are to be welcomed!
ABTC Website

Posted: May 30, 2009
Hi

I'm a newbie to toodledo, and am loving it! Thanks for a great product.

Just one more vote for the ability to copy a task. :) In particular a task with many sub-tasks. I also have need of this for creating templates. I have many tasks with subtasks that I would love to either copy or designate as a template so I can use them across my various folders (projects).

Thanks for listening.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 01, 2009
Good news. Task templates are coming soon. Very soon.
Anders

Posted by Toodledo:
Good news. Task templates are coming soon. Very soon.

Awesome! Thanks Toodledo :)
thpope

Sounds like a big update might be coming.

Now I'm getting anxious... :)

Great, one more thing to wonder about when I get up in the morning. Is the new iPhone out? Is the new Toodledo update out? Is the Google Wave out?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.