ForumsQuestionsFile access from Slim site / within API

File access from Slim site / within API
mccotter

Posted: Mar 11, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I just upgraded to a Pro Plus account, and I'm a bit dismayed to see that I don't have file access from the Slim site. The trouble ticket system where I work has the ability to export tickets as PDF files, so I had the bright idea to forward these PDFs to Toodledo with a description of the ticket in the subject/body of the email.

The issue is that I cannot access these PDFs from my phone when I'm on site for a service call. I don't believe file access is a part of the public API either, so 3rd party apps don't have a method to access file attachments.

My main issue with this is that it might be a bit alienating to paying customers, that the features they are paying for are only partially supported. Just thought I'd mention it with the hopes that it's on your list of enhancements.

Thanks!
mccotter

Posted: Mar 11, 2010
Another enhancement suggestion: If I upload a file with the same name, It would be nice if your server automatically appended an incrementing numerical digit to the end rather than overwriting the existing file.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 12, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion. The slim site has a subset of the functionality of the main site because it has a limited screen size, but we are always trying to make it a more unified experience and files are one thing that we would like to add in the future.
mccotter

Posted: Mar 12, 2010
Awesome, thanks for the reply.
lionel_silva

Posted: Jul 23, 2010
I too was really disappointed that files attached to a task are not avail with slim. It does show the note but not the attached file. I use attached files for reference. I understand it will be hard to support lots of file types. I attach not only PDFs, but office docs too.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.