ForumsQuestionsBest way to archive all tasks?

Best way to archive all tasks?
Brian Matlock

Posted: Aug 21, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I am preparing to make the jump from an Outlook-centric world to the cloud. I've decided forcing my web apps to try to deal with the bloated code of my desktop is no longer worth it (thank my new iPhone for the decision to change). Toodledo will be my task manager.

My biggest concern as I make the switch is in data backup and archiving. I use tasks to track real estate transactions in which I'm involved, and I need to archive *all of my activity* for legal reasons. I would also like to be able to occasionally search through them to find old phone numbers and notes. Is there a way to do this other than simply periodically exporting all tasks to a file that I save locally? The need is to be able to move completed tasks out of the "active" list so as to keep my task list fresh and focused on current projects, but to have a reasonable way to search through and organize all completed tasks when occasionally needed.

Thx for any help.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, you could export your tasks periodically to your computer for backup purposes. Or you could just mark the inactive tasks as completed and then use our search tool whenever you need to look something up. The free version of our service only displays 2 weeks of history, so you'll want to upgrade to a Pro account so you can go back and look at all your old completed tasks.

Hope that helps.
Brian Matlock

Does the Pro account allow you to keep your completed tasks indefinitely? (Found the answer to my own question--the Pro Plus account).

This message was edited Aug 21, 2008.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.