ForumsQuestionsDaylight Savings Problem again?

Daylight Savings Problem again?
steve

Posted: Mar 13, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi

I've noticed strange things happening with items over the next few days.

I remember previously a problem with DST (I'm in the UK) and when I check my Date & Time in Account Settings I see it's an hour out again.

Just wondered whether you're aware of a problem, and whether I need to do anything to fix?

Many thanks.

Steve
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The daylight savings is different in every country, and Toodledo currently doesn't know every possible country's specific criteria for daylight savings, so instead what we do currently is ignore it. What this means is that when daylight savings changes in your country, you need to go into your Toodledo account settings and update your time. You can setup a repeating task in Toodledo to remind you to do this. If you have an iPhone, you can have it sync it's time with Toodledo, which should keep this updated for you.

We do plan to figure this out in the future and update the time for you automatically when DST happens in your country.
PeterW 

Thanks for the alert on this issue.

I've just noticed that Toodledo was reporting an hour later than current time on the main page. Yet when I go into settings is shows an hour later than the current time. It's not taking this time from my Windows settings, so it does seem like Toodledo is modifying it in some way.

How you get the iPhone to update the website time?

EDIT: Found the timezone sync setting in Toodledo iPhone. It was on so I turned it off to see if that was causing my problem.

This message was edited Mar 13, 2010.
chris.wilson

Posted: Mar 14, 2010
I also had the clock an hour off. I live in Singapore where there is no DST. So I'm not sure why this happened.

I have a bigger problem now - perhaps related - which is the tasks which are due tomorrow are showing up under "Due Today" in the "Any Due-Date" tab (View By Due-Date). But what makes it even more confusing is that they show up correctly under the "Tomorrow" tab and not the "Today" tab.

On the "Any Due-Date" tab the tasks shown as "Due Tomorrow" are in fact due in 2 days (if I hover over the Due Date column in says "In 2 days") but they do not appear on the "Tomorrow" tab.

Any ideas on this one?

Thanks, Chris
PeterW 

Yes, I've just noticed something similar. I had a task due today that I didn't get to, so I changed the due date to tomorrow. After refreshing the screen, the task did not move and was still listed under the "due today" separator. I moved it another day forward and it still stayed there!

Something's definitely up...
RGVGeek

I am having the same issue. Today and Tomorrow's tasks are not separated and under the "Tomorrow" separator, it shows tasks for the 16th (2 days).
nickmolteno

Yup me too, it happened after I noticed the time was an hour off, after changing it to the correct time tomorrow's tasks are now appearing under "due today" which is very annoying. On the iPhone app it is all correct. Have also tried force sync iphone --> toodledo and turning on/off time zone sync but it hasn't helped :(
PeterW 

Just for reference sake, there was another thread started about this issue here:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/5217/-2/date-view-inconsistency.html
bjlinder

I don't think we've convinced Toodledo this is a bug just yet.

The issue is happening for me as well...and presumably everybody...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 15, 2010
Thanks for reporting this bug with daylight savings time. It has been fixed and the due-date divider is now positioned correctly between today/tomorrow.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.