ForumsQuestionsBook on best way to use Toodledo to manage tasks and projects?

Book on best way to use Toodledo to manage tasks and projects?
Seth

Posted: Mar 17, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I'm trying to figure out the best way to use Toodledo to manage my tasks. I've read the book Getting Things Done by David Allen but it's been a while. I'm not sure about how to decide which folder to assign a task too and how to use the status feature. I think I get context but I'm wondering when I should use contexts to label tasks vs. folders, etc. Just not sure about folder vs. status vs. context. Can you recommend some training or a book I can read to understand more? Do you have any material I can review?
Andrew A

Posted: Mar 17, 2010
Yeah, I'm with you there. Not sure TD has its own manual outside of the help section. There is a lot of info on the web to refresh your memory, and in these very same forums about such conversations. I new here as well, but letting my use of the product and my mindset evolve (like I started out with contexts for home and work and a folder called shopping since I wanted to separate tasks that were for work or home and I buy a load of stuff for both the house and the office. My shopping is a never ending project, but the contexts let me sort by, well, context).

I also use folders for calls and email (which are also never ending projects in my life).

And from there I am slowly expanding (rather than going all out). Too much detail and I would not get anything done. However, that said, it depends I guess on you. There are people out there with both simpler and more complex systems--neither of which I am sure would work for me.

Andrew

This message was edited Mar 17, 2010.
PeterW 

Posted: Mar 18, 2010
Hi there,

Take a look at Proximo's GTD setup in the GTD section of the forum. I believe it is a pretty good setup for doing GTD in Toodledo without getting overly complex. Many of us have implemented Toodledo this way (with our own slant of course) and for me, it's worked well.

The thread is here:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/5/2660/0/proximos-gtd-setup.html
Seth

Posted: Mar 19, 2010
Thanks for the comments. I appreciate the feedback.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.