ForumsQuestionsSync from website to Iphone.

Sync from website to Iphone.
jack.bijlsma

Posted: Mar 19, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hello all,

I have the following question: when i add/modify tasks on the toodledo-website are these fully automatic synchronized with the Iphone app or do i have to start the application on the Iphone first to sync?

This is particulary important in case of push notifications on a short term.
For example: when i want a push notification as a reminder to call someone in, let's say, 3 hours and i enter this on the website, i would have to remember that i have to start the application on my Iphone in order to get the notification.

Thanx for your answers in forward,
Jack.
Claudio

You will receive push notifications on the your iPhone even if you haven't started the Toodledo app.

This is how it works for all iPhone apps that offer push notification.

But, changes/additions from the Toodledo website are not synchronized until you start the iPhone app, and then only if you specify "Sync on Startup" in Settings/Synchronization.

Hope that helps.
jack.bijlsma

Claudio,

You made it perfectly clear, thanks a lot.

Kind regards,
Jack.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 20, 2010
Claudio explained it well, but I'll just reiterate that you can get a push notification for a task that has not yet synced to the iPhone and the iPhone only syncs when the app is run and told to sync.
jack.bijlsma

The Toodledo adminstrator leaves me a bit confused here, i quote: "... that you CAN get a push notification for a task that has not yet synced to the iPhone ..."
This is not wat Claudio says and it also seems a bit in contradiction with the rest of the message.
Would you be so kind to clarify things once more?

Thanks again,
Jack.
Claudio

Jack, at this point, the best way of finding out is by trying it yourself ... ;)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You can get a push notification for any task that is on the website. If that hasn't been synced to the iPhone yet, it will be synced when you open the app next.

In other words, if you create a reminder on the website, you don't have to immediately sync the iPhone. The reminder will arrive regardless.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.