ForumsQuestionsFeature request. Child inherit the Goal of the parent

Feature request. Child inherit the Goal of the parent
paul.freeman

Posted: Mar 19, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I'm starting to use Goals now to manage my projects and would really like it if a parent has a Goal, that the subtask would inherit the parent's goal.

Also, sub-tasks, when created don't get any default values. In my case, I have start date set to today, but todays date only appears for new tasks that are not subtasks. I also have a default Folder of Inbox. Creating a subtask on the iphone app works as expected and startdate is set.

Obviously, there is a chance the default conflicts with the parent, but this works fine for Folders. If there it is a subtask, it inherits the parent's folder, otherwise it uses the default (unless you are in folder view when it takes the folder you are in). I would like goals to work this way too.
jlaker

+1 for this.
Andrew A

A newbie here, but yeah, I know some tasks and subtasks will inherit things like Folder (but not context), but this one seems like a no brainer... by default would not most tasks associated with a goal go towards that goal? Having to unset that goal from a task would be the rarity.. right now its the other way around...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 20, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.