ForumsQuestionsIpod Touch sync login/password rejected

Ipod Touch sync login/password rejected
Ian.Frakes

Posted: Mar 25, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I purchased the Ipod Touch app first then set up a web account using the same email / password.

When I try to sync the Ipod to the web the Ipod asks for my login/password which is rejected?

Did I set it up in the wrong order?

Need to upgrade to pro?

Thanks in advance.

-----------

I have only used it for 2 days and already I've got part of my life back! Thank goodness for GTD and Toodledo!
Claudio

Posted by Ian.Frakes:
I purchased the Ipod Touch app first then set up a web account using the same email / password.
What do you mean by "the same email / password"?

First, you set up a Toodledo account on the website, then you set up synchronization on your iPod Touch.

Which app are you using?
Andrew A

Posted by Ian.Frakes:
Need to upgrade to pro?

No. I did the same before upgrading. Iphone & Toodledo with free.

I would verify what Claudio said and then make sure that you typed the userid and password correctly (with the iphone you can sometimes mistype or forget to use uppercase where it is called for).
Ian.Frakes

Posted: Mar 26, 2010
Posted by Claudio:
Posted by Ian.Frakes:
What do you mean by "the same email / password"?

First, you set up a Toodledo account on the website, then you set up synchronization on your iPod Touch.

Which app are you using?

I created the Ipod Touch account first :-(

1. downloaded Ipod Touch Toodledo app,
2. activated my account through that, defined user/password,
3. later on, logged into the web version at home, it recognises me as Ian.Frakes using the same login/password
(I'm pretty sure it was typed correctly but I could have made a mistake),
4. entered a few tasks into my Ipod Touch Toodledo App,
5. tried to sync with web version (via wireless at home), but the Ipod Touch App rejects my password.
6. Thought I may have used wrong password so changed it in Web version,
7. Tried to sync Ipod version but still rejects password.

I think I might have to start all over again, delete my web app account, do the same on my Ipod Touch, open a new Web Account first before opening my account via my Ipod Touch.

Stay tuned.

Unfortunately the web version is blocked by the security settings at my workplace, works fine at home, rejects my password at work. Might be because the dinosaurs in the IT department force us to use IE6 :-(

But "Illegitimi non carborundum" is my motto :-)
Ian.Frakes

Posted: Apr 23, 2010
Well, it took a while but finally got it to sync

I had the right password but I had entered my mixed-case login on my Ipod Touch as lower-case %-(

Always go for the simple fixes first...

48 tasks so far and going well, now to get it all into Google...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.