ForumsQuestionsToodledo and iPad?

Toodledo and iPad?
mco

Posted: Mar 29, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I realize that answering questions about compatibility with an unreleased product can be hazardous, but can you say anything about Toodledo on the iPad?
IceHeartX

Score: 1 Reference
I too would like to know if there's plans for a specific toodledo app for the iPad or if any compatibility testing has gone on with either the web version or the current iPod version on an iPad

when i get my iPad on saturday am i going to have a toodledo?
Claudio

According to Apple:
With iPad, you get instant access to almost all of the 150,000 apps on the App Store
http://www.apple.com/ipad/features/app-store.html

On the iPad, you'll be able to run iPhone/iPod apps full-screen or the original size.

As you know, Apple has new versions of the built-in apps for the iPad (Calendar, Contacts, Mail, etc.) and they all look really cool. It's not clear, though, how many of the existing iPhone apps will be released as "new improved" iPad apps. It's all up to the developers.

It would be great if Toodledo releases an iPad app.
lmsergio

Posted: Mar 30, 2010
I have to echo this. It would be amazing to see an even further enhanced interface, either web based or iPad app itself.

Toodledo is such a proactive company. I can't imagine they don't have something in the works.
Linh

Posted: Mar 31, 2010
My take on this is that a completely overhauled iPad app wouldn't be necessary, especially when the company has competing priorities. As long as their infrastructure is sound and my data is safe, I would say the next priority is to redesign the website.

The Toodledo app works well, and maybe all that's needed is an iPad app that's scaled and with rearranged elements to make better use of the larger screen. It's a to do app, so I don't intend to spend much time in the app except when reviewing. So functionality and an elegant layout are important, as well as efficient adding of tasks. I would also appreciate going the Instapaper route where a double binary is incorporated so that existing iPhone users would get it free on the iPad too. Actually, I wouldn't pay for an iPad app when I already bought the iPhone and would get rather annoyed if that's the case.
Claudio

Posted: Mar 31, 2010
Posted by Linh:
Actually, I wouldn't pay for an iPad app when I already bought the iPhone and would get rather annoyed if that's the case.
I'm sure that almost all iPhone users agree with you. Also, when Apple keeps talking about the 150,000 apps that will run on the iPad, I doubt that they are expecting iPhone owners to re-purchase apps to use them on the iPad.

iTunes allows you to copy an app from one iPhone to another. Seems reasonable that the same ability will be available for copying apps to the iPad.
Claudio

Posted: Apr 01, 2010
I see that version 1.60 has been released today. Toodledo is now fully compatible with the iPad.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 01, 2010
We'll post a full announcement tomorrow. Apple surprised us by releasing it early.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/toodledo-to-do-list/id292755387?mt=8
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.