ForumsQuestionsMake email "Add Task" formatting available everywhere...

Make email "Add Task" formatting available everywhere...
pankaj013

Posted: Apr 08, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I just love the easy way of adding tasks by email with special format to set folders, context, due date/time etc etc. Why cant the format parsing be enabled from all the interfaces for adding task - web portal, iPhone app, mobile app, google gadget etc. I would assume it to be a pretty simple feature to do as you already do it for emails. And to keep the old users happy you can provide it as an option but its such a life saver. The only thing I loved about RTM that kept me there for so long.
pankaj013

Posted: Apr 10, 2010
Didnt hear on this? Doesnt anybody miss this :-)
Andrew A

Its not a bad idea, sort of a free form field, like the subject?

Save Boss Meeting #NotAgain !! @work

Kind of thing followed by an enter button? Quick entry field?
PeterW 

I guess the idea is OK, just not something I need. I like to just throw stuff into the Inbox (No Folder) as quickly as possible and then review later, when I file it accordingly.
Jon_R

I am in the same boat as PeterW - I dump everything into my No Folder (Inbox) and clean it up nightly or every other day at least. Gives me the ability to just enter a task quickly, and using GotToDo for Android is great just for this, and go about my day.

At the same time I can see how it would be useful though as another way to enter in tasks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
Andrew A

Posted: Apr 11, 2010
Posted by Jon_R:
At the same time I can see how it would be useful though as another way to enter in tasks.

Yeah, I thought about this a little bit yesterday, I process as I enter for the most part (as opposed to the "review stack to review later" Allen jokes about at some point in his book), so this really would be a quick entry (faster entry, fewer mouse clicks and drop downs, fer sure)
pankaj013

Posted: Apr 13, 2010
I use folders and contexts and while I am adding tasks for a lot of tasks I kind of know which focus area that tasks belongs to and more importantly in which context I will be doing that task, so it saves a lot of reviewing time as well as adding tasks time if I can quickly add the tasks. BTW I figured out that if I add tasks by direct message using twitter the smart tags are used so I am good for now :-)

twitter -d toodledo "update the findings to the forum thread" @computer ! $Someday

and I have added a system wide hotkey Ctrl+Shift+T to open http://twitter.com/direct_messages/create/toodledo

Will see if I can further make the whole process faster :-)

Cheers
-Pankaj
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.