ForumsQuestionsIncreasing security

Increasing security
magicia9

Posted: Apr 11, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Is there a way to add a password prompt when you open a notebook entry. The iphone app notebook has this feature (on the site it only says private note within that note). It would be very useful in case your acct was hacked, then to access sensitive info in notebook, one would have to have a second password. This would protect any info within the notebook itself - can you pleaseeee add this feature.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 11, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
Andrew A

Posted: Apr 12, 2010
For the truly paranoid (though this of course adds time to the easy access, in and out of the note), you could use something like PGP, either to encrypt files you upload or to encrypt the text within a notebook entry?? then even folks at Toodledo couldn't peak at the contents.

Though the "truly" paranoid are not likely to put anything out in a cloud or a service to start with... LOL!
magicia9

That sounds like a good idea Andrew - any details on how to go about doing that.

thanks.
Andrew A

I hesitate to suggest anything if you aren't familiar with that kind of file or text encryption (especially since you can really get to the point that if you lose your key you cannot decrypt the data... no backdoor, no software you can buy, etc and that is exactly the point).....

http://www.pgp.com/downloads/desktoptrial/desktoptrial2.html

I would focus on what abilities you have after the 30-day expiration, it reverts to the freeware version (which lets you encrypt/decrypt straight text or files).

<snip>
The following limited functionality (equivalent to prior versions of PGP Freeware) will continue after the initial 30-day period:

At the end of the trial period, any local disks that have been encrypted using PGP Whole Disk Encryption will automatically decrypt.

PGP file encryption and signing, PGP Zip, “Current Window”, and “Clipboard” functionality will continue to allow encryption, and you will still be able to use the decryption capabilities for all PGP Desktop Trial product functions, thus ensuring that any encrypted data remains accessible.
</snip>

Good luck, Google lots. And then google again.
honest logic

Posted: Apr 13, 2010
OK... I think this is the area I'm looking for... I wanted to use Toodledo a the sync manager for SwissDisk, has anyone tried this? SwissDisk is secure but it requires password authentication for access. Has anyone tried using Toodledo with a password authentication window like this? Sorry, but I'm tired of buying things, like software solutions, only to find out I can't use them. I searched the Toodledo forum for related information and didn't see any. Any advice?
Andrew A

Posted: Apr 13, 2010
I see you cross-posted, though you could have started your own thread maybe best of all, but huh? I think you are mixing apples and oranges... Swiss Disk, from my quick read of it, is creating a secure environment on your desktop and backing it up to the cloud where you can access that securely from a web browser (their service). So not sure what you are really asking. The pro version of Toodledo allows you to use SSL, but again not sure what you are asking or looking for.

My best advice would be to first articulate what you are looking for really and what your needs are (in a new thread) so that everyone who might have some information can find your post and comment on it.

This message was edited Apr 13, 2010.
Studio

Posted: May 16, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Yes please, may you add this important feature, as soon as possibile ? :)
Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.