ForumsQuestionsAlphabetical tags

Alphabetical tags
Linden

Posted: Apr 14, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
The filter by tags feature is AWESOME, but would find it MUCH more useful if I could organize those tags alphabetically.

I have no concious awareness of how many tasks are in each tag, so it takes a ridiculous length of time to find the ones I want when I'm looking for specific tags to filter.

While I can understand the frequency ordering in other areas (especially where autocomplete is available), the filters seems like a vital area for alphabetization.

This message was edited Apr 14, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 15, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
Joel Richard

Posted: Jun 22, 2010
I would really appreciate alphabetical sorting in the TO-DO list tag display column.

I actually use tags for @context, +Folders, ^Actions, and *goals since they can all sync with Pocket Informant. I use the (^@*+) symbols in front of the actual tags to make it easily identifiable and it sorts properly using alphabetical sorting. This groups my context, folders, actions and goals together.

Sorting in the TO-DO list tag display column would be a huge improvement to how I use toodledo.

Cheers!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 22, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
brooks.mervine

Posted: Aug 03, 2010
Score: -1 Reference
PLEASE - move this to the top of your to-do feature list. It is technically not difficult to implement and is driving me crazy using the website. iPhone app looks great.
kralon20

Posted: Nov 08, 2010
In addition, it would help if tags sorted individually. In other words, if I have a task that has "sales" and "reports" as separate tags, the task will show up under "Sales, Reports" when I sort by tags. Versus showing up under Sales and also under Reports.

Or perhaps I'm applying tags incorrectly.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 08, 2010
Currently, this sorting restriction is in place to prevent a task from appearing on the page twice, which is a technical limitation that we have. You can always go to the Tags view and switch between the tags using the tabs across the top of the page to isolate tasks in one tag.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.