ForumsQuestionsSearch not available in Slim and iPhone App

Search not available in Slim and iPhone App
coachmac

Posted: Apr 12, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by Toodledo:
From the search page. There is a link to it at the top of the page when viewing your list.

Sorry, I don't understand. I have to choose through a series of criteria. Which ones I have to choose to do a global search?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 12, 2011
Maybe I don't understand what you mean by global search. From the search page, you can search across all of your tasks via various criteria. What did you mean?
coachmac

Posted: Apr 13, 2011
For me, a global search means that it searches through everything. No criteria. I can do that with Pocket Informant.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 14, 2011
Unfortunately, this isn't possible, but it is on our to-do list. However, we can't comment on a timeframe for implementation.

Thanks
john

Posted: Apr 17, 2011
+1 for wanting the saved search feature on the iPhone/iPad apps.
leeuwen

Posted: May 25, 2011
+1 for being able to use saved searches
don't care about creating new searches, I have the full version for that :-)
rettinor

Posted: May 26, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
The iPad app is useless to me without search. I'm going to use the web version from my iPad and chalk it up to a waste of money on the app.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 26, 2011
The iPad does have search. Here is how to use it: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=107
UbuRex

Posted: Jul 07, 2011
"Search" searches *headers*. It's seriously underpowered. If you have 300 notes, what use are they if they are not full-text-searchable...? The functionality exists elsewhere (and has been in that orphaned Appigo "Notebook" app for years!): it's time to improve the search in the Toodledo iPhone app as well...
Dallin

Posted: Aug 26, 2011
+1 for iPhone search
Dallin

Posted: Sep 03, 2011
+1 for "saved searches" which are already available on the web interface being made available in the iPhone app.

In my use case, I have completely replaced "hotlist" with my own "custom search" but it's useless when I'm mobile.
corentin

Posted: Sep 03, 2011
+1 for saved searches on the slim version - it's a must...
ranjit.chawla

Posted: Sep 04, 2011
+1 ... a must!
ls_hall

Posted: Sep 12, 2011
+1 - request for search of all text on all notes.
matanln

Posted: Oct 23, 2011
nevermind this post!

This message was edited Oct 23, 2011.
petra.lewis

Posted: Oct 31, 2011
I know that having the saved custom searches appear on the iphone app seems to be 'on the development list', but it has appeared 'on the list' for a couple of years. Is there any real hope of getting it Toodledo? This is a major strength of Toodledo and makes the iphone app almost useless to me.
Do any of the 3rd party apps allow access to the Toodledo saved searches?
Folke X

Petra,

I agree with you completely. Not having saved searches makes it almost useless. Unfortunatetely, as far as I know, no third party app has this either.

If you are a GTD person you could try one of the GTD apps instead. Since they have a whole different menu structure from the very outset, you tend to rely less on saved searches (smart lists) - you get a useful menu setup straight out-of-the-box. And since these GTD menus are obvioulsy part of their entire "system" they are also available in their slim and iPhone versions as well. The drawback with these other apps, though, e.g. Nirvana, is that they are generally less "mature" and tweakable than Toodledo.

A reflection:
I also depend entirely on saved searches. My whole system is built upon saved searches. But when you read this thread it becomes obvious that some people do not even know what they are, and have not discovered their power. They start confusing saved searches with normal ad-hoc searches, i.e. searching for some perhaps misplaced task that has a particular text string in it etc. That kind of search is also very useful, but it is a totally different thing than saved searches. In other systems the "saved searches" generally are more aptly called smart lists, smart views, custom views etc., as they are, in reality and intended use, an alternative and complement to all the built-in views in the standard menu. I have suggested that the saved searches in Toodledo be renamed custom views, to make their power more obvious to new users. I have also suggested that the main menu be user configurable such that these custom views, that the user depends on, can be put first in the menu. This is particularly important in the slim and iPhone versions.

This message was edited Oct 31, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Making saved searches available via mobile is one of our top priorities, but I don't have an ETA at the moment.
WilcoBis

Posted: Jan 03, 2012
+1 !!!
Salgud

Posted: Jan 03, 2012
@ Jeff

That's good news! While I have TD on my iPhone, I basically only use it when I think of a work-related task and I add it and I'm away from my desk. It would be far more useful if I could have my Saved Searches, because that's where I "live" at work.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.