ForumsQuestionsSearch not available in Slim and iPhone App

Search not available in Slim and iPhone App
Christopher Sol

Posted: Feb 05, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
+1 from me too. Very much looking forward to having this capability on the iphone. Not very useful to my workflow without it.
Scronje

Posted: Feb 08, 2012
+1 for saved searchsd on the IPad app. Not having saved search functionality seriously limits the usefulness of using the TD app on the Ipad. The mobile site is no better.

This message was edited Feb 08, 2012.
adam.frank

Posted: Feb 23, 2012
I agree that this is really needed, especially on the iPad. I understand you can not commit to a timeframe, but considering 4 months ago you said it was a top priority, can we at least get an update?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 24, 2012
Basic search is available on the iPad, and saved searches are still on the to-do list. Saved searches are my personal top request for the iPhone, so I am motivated to get it done, but we have a few things that have higher priority due to their wider appeal.

Our slim website will no longer be getting updated as we transition to m.toodledo.com, which will be getting saved searches in a future update, hopefully sooner rather than later.
Salgud

Posted: Feb 24, 2012
Posted by Toodledo:
Basic search is available on the iPad, and saved searches are still on the to-do list. Saved searches are my personal top request for the iPhone, so I am motivated to get it done, but we have a few things that have higher priority due to their wider appeal.

Our slim website will no longer be getting updated as we transition to m.toodledo.com, which will be getting saved searches in a future update, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Great news, looking forward to it!
markjamesdavies

Posted: May 03, 2012
Glad to hear the Search feature for iPhone app is a high priority. This would be so useful. (I was going to post a feature request but found this thread...)
jared.chap

Posted: Aug 02, 2012
+1 for saved search in m.toodledo.com

It is a slick interface, but has no real practical value because it does not do saved searches.

In my dream world it would open to a list of my 6 saved searches and that would be my entire interface.
jared.chap

Posted: Sep 23, 2012
Any word on this? I really need it soon.
Michel_7

Posted: Oct 24, 2012
when can we expect an update ? Thanks
Peter Scott

Posted: Nov 02, 2012
My entire GTD process is built around 9 custom saved searches. I spend 98% of my time on the search page. Saved searches for the iphone is by far the most important thing on my wish list.
Purveyor

Posted: Nov 02, 2012
Posted by Peter Scott:
I spend 98% of my time on the search page.
So you get all your work done in the remaining 2% of your time? ;) Just kidding. I know what you mean.

Saved Searches are the best way of reviewing tasks and projects. All the other Views require too much jumping around. Main problem with Saved Searches, though, is that you can't save the Sort order. The other problem is that they are not available on the iPhone/iPad app.

I stopped using the Toodledo app because I found it too awkward to switch among the views that I need. I now use Appigo's Todo, which I think is a bit better for reviewing tasks and projects. I find it much easier to select Contexts and Tags, but there are several missing features: limited sorting, can't hide future tasks or deferred tasks, and no way of identifying recently entered or recently modified tasks. (And several other Toodledo features missing.) Todo does not have Saved Searches. 2Do, another iOS app, does have custom searches but does not allow Folders and Contexts -- it's one or the other.

Anyway, I think that Toodledo will be introducing some new features soon. It's been a while since a major update and that usually means that they're working on something big. My guess is that it will be Sharing and Collaboration on the iOS app, but it could be Saved Searches. Or, the major changes will be to the website, with minimal impact to the iOS app.
We'll see.

This message was edited Nov 02, 2012.
shelbyp

Posted: Nov 22, 2012
I also agree on the search requirement for IPhone. Another reason that this is important is that Toodledo does not support sub folders and sub-sub-sub.. tasks.

Many of the workaround proposed in the forums work well, but require that the search is powerful, fast and easy. So on the website the workarounds work well, on the Iphone you ned a lot of clicks to workaround.
jared.chap

Posted: Nov 25, 2012
Please let us know what is going on here. Without a saved search api, toodledo has no mobile value for me. I am forced to use the full website in my iphone browser. Talk about a crappy experience.
lebenspuls

Posted: Nov 29, 2012
I urgently need saved search in order to use toodledo mobile. Although I appreciate the new update, I am also disapointed that it's still not implemented. Pleeaase!
peter.sandwall_134...

Posted: Jan 03, 2013
+1 for introducing saved searches on iPhone/iPad.
It would greatly improve the every day use!
annieland

Posted: Jan 06, 2013
I haven't browsed these forums in a long time, but I thought I'd give a check for progress on a saved searches function on the ipad. When I saw there was a big new update (in addition to the hullabaloo surrounding it) all I cared about was "does it have saved searches??" When it didn't, I really didn't care what version I was running, because I use the app so little due to the absence of this feature. I love Toodledo, but if an online/iOS app were to come out with repeating tasks, 2 dates, and saved searches, you'd lose me.

Please add this to iOS soon!
Annie :)
Mike

Posted: Jan 07, 2013
Just letting the world know that i too would love to be able to access my saved searches on the IOS version.

I think the real issue is that the software is so damn powerful that it is a bummer to not be able to use all that power on the mobile clients...
raindog308

Posted: Mar 05, 2013
Hey devs - any update on this?
jumiro

Posted: Jun 13, 2013
Score: 1 Reference
Toodledo is really great, even more as the time is passing !!!. m.toodledo.com IMO is a work of art in Mobile Time-Management.

Said the above, I also want to say that I think the Saved Searches, is an essential part of the application that should not miss in the mobile versions (m.toodledo.com, etc).

There are many uses for Toodledo that it may not start until the Saved Searches may be available everywhere.

Honestly, with other manufacturers I should be inclined to ask please that they add this feature as soon as possible.

People from Toodledo, has clearly demonstrated that they know very well what they do, so I just want to say, I'm sure they will implement Saved Searches in versions for mobile in the best of times. :)

This message was edited Jun 13, 2013.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.