ForumsQuestionsSyncing multiple devices

Syncing multiple devices
tandsboyd

Posted: Apr 15, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I use Todo on my iPhone and sync with Toodledo. I have an iPad on order that should be here by the end of the month. I intend to use Todo on my iPad as well.

Is it feasible to sync two different devices....iPhone and iPad with Toodledo without causing any issues?

Thanks much!

Steve
Claudio

Posted: Apr 15, 2010
Simple answer: Yes.

But, you need to deal with the possibility that you might modify a task on one device and then modify the same task on the other device, without having first synced to website. When you do sync, one of the changes will be lost.

Set "Sync at Startup" to ON, and also sync before exiting.

FWIW, Toodledo's iPhone/iPad app has an option to "Sync on Edit" which makes syncing across multiple devices more reliable. Also, the Toodledo sync seems to be much faster than Todo. And, you can access a list of "Recently Added" and "Recently Modified" tasks.

This message was edited Apr 15, 2010.
tandsboyd

Posted: Apr 28, 2010
Claudio

Sorry for the late response. I forgot that I had posted the question.

I see how this could be a problem. I think it makes sense just to use one device to avoid the potential headaches. I have Todo set to sync manually because I don't always have good signal where I work.

Thanks for the help.

I may have to give Toodledo for iPad a try. I used it for a while on my iPhone but switched back to Todo. I just think the UI is a little more pleaseing.

Steve
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.