ForumsQuestionsAssigning due dates to subtasks

Assigning due dates to subtasks
kenjoy

Posted: Apr 17, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Is it possible, when creating a task with a start date, to create a subtask with a designated start date based on X number of days from the start of the task? For example, I have a Task with 20 subtasks. Some subtasks can't be done until 4 days from the start date of the parent task. Other subtasks aren't due routinely until X number of days after another subtask in the list. When setting up a parent task as a template, it is possible to designate a start date for subtasks based on X number of days from the parent, and then when the template is copied and the parent task given a start date, that the subtasks would automatically be assigned the appropriate date in relation to the parent's start date?

Transisto

Posted: Apr 17, 2010
You wrote "it is" a few time but you meant "is it".

I translate this as : "Can the subtasks date be written as an offset from the parent task date" (for cloning purposes)

Answer is NO, (for now)

"due date" would have to be written as code like "%parent_duedate + 4" and that would benefit too few people and could add an incumbent layer of complexity onto everyone.

My suggestion is : use some easy macro recording software and use it to fit your customs needs.

This message was edited Apr 17, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 18, 2010
This isn't possible, but "relative due-dates" is something that is on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.