ForumsQuestionsImportance Level

Importance Level
chebom

Posted: Apr 19, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
How can I alter the importance level of my tasks? I'm not sure how the program is choosing the importance level of the tasks I enter? I want to be able to say this is level 10 this is level 7 this is level 3 etc. Instead the program seems to be choosing by itself.

Thanks for any help
Claudio

Posted: Apr 19, 2010
From the Help topic on Importance:

When using views, you have the option of sorting your tasks by "Importance". When you sort your tasks by "Importance", Toodledo looks at the due-date, priority and star of a task and uses a mathematical formula to determine the relative importance of each task.

For example, a task that is overdue with a low priority may be more important than a high priority task that is due in several days.

The formula for importance is : Importance = 2+P+S+D
P=priority
S=is it starred (0 or 1)
D=0 if due-date is non-existent or further than 14 days out, 1 if due-date is between 7 and 14 days out, 2 if due-date is between 2 and 7 days out, 3 if due-date is tomorrow, 5 if due-date is today, and 6 if overdue.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?search=importance
eykanal

Posted: Apr 20, 2010
Just to clarify... "importance" isn't something YOU set, it's something Toodledo tries to determine for you by looking at (1) Priority, (2) whether it's starred or not, and (3) due date. If you use those features, it may be a useful tool for you. If not, it won't.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.