I've just tried out the SMS alert feature for the first time but didn't get the result that I wanted.
The SMS arrived OK, but the name of the task was missing. All I got was this:
When I receive email alerts, the task name is the title of the email and the body contains other info such as priority, folder, context and tag. I'm not getting any of this in SMS so the alerts aren't very useful.
I have configured my SMS gateway preferences (with the third-party provider) to allow use of up to 3 x SMS messages if needed (i.e. if the incoming email has more text than can fit in a single SMS) so I don't think this can be the problem.
We send the title of the task as the title of the SMS message, but some carriers discard this, others append it to the message body, which is what we have designed for. I'll see if there is a way to work around this.