ForumsQuestionsGoogleApp wrong start page

GoogleApp wrong start page
Sandro

Posted: Apr 20, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I have the Toodledo GoogleApp on iGoogle. In Settings I have then chosen the Hotlist as Default Homepage, but since a few days it's showing nevertheless the Starred-Page. What could be the problem?
jaclyn.mckewan

Posted: Apr 20, 2010
The same thing has been happening to me, but it just started today. Anyone know what's up?
michael.wright

Posted: Apr 21, 2010
I'm experiencing the same thing. It just started happening in the past day or so.
sa1157

I came here looking for the solution to the same problem. No matter how many times I change the default page, it always defaults to "Starred". When I go into Settings, the page I chose (eg Hotlist) is checked, but it has no effect.
Christian

Same problem as everyone else above, have had it since at least last Saturday. Problem occurs with all browsers I use -- Internet Explorer at work, and Firefox, Safari, and Chrome at home.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Does it happen when you go to our slim website not from the Google homepage?

http://www.toodledo.com/slim
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We just discovered the problem. It turns out that Google started putting some funny tracking codes into our widget, and this was causing it to malfunction. Hey Google, stop doing that!

It wasn't malfunctioning when accessed outside of Google. In anycase, we have modified our widget so that this shouldn't be happening now. You might have to refresh your browser or empty to the cache to get it to pick up the change.
jaclyn.mckewan

Funny, but I was having the same problem with the slim site when accessed from my Droid phone. But it all seems to be working now - I see my default start screen on my phone and on the Google gadget.
Christian

Posted: Apr 22, 2010
Works great again. Thanks!
Sandro

Posted: Apr 23, 2010
Thanks, works again!

"funny tracking codes"? How funny is that? "Tracking" has a negative smell for me!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 26, 2010
Yeah, me too. There is no way for us to get rid of the tracking codes. They weren't there when we made the gadget. Google added them.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.