ForumsQuestionsSMS reminders in Japan

SMS reminders in Japan
ueharaxg

Posted: Apr 22, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Has anybody succesfuly setup reminders to be sent thorough SMS to mobile in Japan?

I already read the help section about setting up reminders and SMS. What I cannot figure out is the specifics about e-mail to SMS gateways and how this is dealt with japanese operators.

I tried to get some information with my operator (Softbank) and, as far as I was able to understand, japanese cellphone operators do not have these gateways making impossible to cellphones is japan to receive SMS from abroad.

Since Toodledo is located outside Japan I think that it is not possible to receive SMS reminders here or, have somebody able to figure out a solution?

Thanks,
JC/Japan
PeterW 

Posted: Apr 22, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I'm in Australia and had a similar problem. My carrier (the largest in the country) did not directly offer an email-to-SMS gateway for its users, but I found that it obviously makes this available to commercial operators.

So I recently signed up with one of these operators - SMS Global (www.smsglobal.com). You simply pre-purchase credits (e.g. 10 cents per message) and they provide you with an email address to use e.g. [email protected].

I've tested it and it works, although have hit one snag. Either SMS Global or my mobile carrier strips out the message title which in the case of Toodledo contains the name of the task. I am hoping to find a way around this.

Anyway, do some searching... you may well find that operators exist that support the mobile carriers in Japan.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.