ForumsQuestionsOverdue rollover Feature Request

Overdue rollover Feature Request
wgcltd

Posted: Sep 04, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Let me start off by saying I love the site and use it with To Do on iPhone. Very few complaints, but one feature request I would like is the ability to set an item to rollover if not completed. I have seen this done in other applications. It just means that if a task has not been accomplished on the day it was due, it rolls over to the current day. That way you are not plagued with a bunch of Overdue items every day.

I like to have todo items in my today list that I may get around to, but also may not. So if these items could roll over to the next day when overdue, I would not have to go to my overdue list every day and change all the dates of those items.

I looked through the forums and noticed that many people are asking for a combined overdue + today listing of item. I think a rollover feature would go a long way to fixing those issues.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 04, 2008
The hotlist contains all of your overdue and due-today tasks in one list, as well as top priority tasks (based on your preferences).

If that doesn't work for you, it is also possible to make a saved search with overdue and due-today tasks in the same list.

Hope that helps
wjlynch

Posted: Sep 07, 2008
I second the rollover feature. Pain in the neck to adjust all the overdue dates. Without this feature, even if you use the Hotlist or a saved search like you suggest, it will always recognize the past-due date when sorting by date. The overdue items do not always take priority over some other things marked due for today.
DavidSzp

Posted: Sep 11, 2008
Not sure of the ideal "overdue rolled forward" solution but if you do a search on all tasks that are overdue and save the search, you can do a multi-edit and change the due date to today or any future day for all tasks. Not as nice as changing each individually, but can help move a bunch quickly to "x" days in the future, and away from being overdue!

This message was edited Sep 11, 2008.
saskia.x

Posted: Sep 16, 2008
A partial workaround, although only for frequently repeating tasks which aren't too critical, is to put a ? in front of the due date. This skips that instance of the task without marking it as done. Obviously this doesn't solve the problem for lots of other tasks, but it does prevent non-urgent routine tasks cluttering up the list with meaningless "overdues"!
aroach

Posted: Dec 07, 2008
+1 on the rollover feature. This is what gootodo.com does. IMHO, Systems need to take care of these simple tasks automatically.

Either that or an action that moves all tasks in the current view to "today" "tomorrow" or something like that. I see DavidSzp's suggestion, and I'll try that too.

This message was edited Dec 07, 2008.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.