ForumsQuestions"check log" message after sync: how? where?

"check log" message after sync: how? where?
Jo117

Posted: Apr 23, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
My ToDo list is set to automatically sync when opened on my iPhone. The sync appears ok, but I continue to get this message: "Sync Done, Check Log." I can't seem to figure out how to do so, either on my phone or on the Toodledoo website.

Also, how do I check to see which version of the app is on my iPhone? I see there's been a new release, 1.6 I believe. In my Settings section, the about ToDo screen shows Todo 3.4.2. Am I operating with a dinosaur app?

I'd sure appreciate some guidance. Many thanks in advance.
PeterW 

Posted: Apr 23, 2010
It sounds like you are using Appigo Todo (not Toodledo's native iPhone app). In which case v3.4.2 is the latest version. I use this app also.

To access the Appigo Todo log on your iPhone, tap:
Settings - Information - Diagnostics
...and then scroll to the bottom of that page.

You will probably have to contact Appigo if there are problems. They have a Google Group to handle support issues:
http://groups.google.com/group/appigo-todo
Jo117

Posted: Apr 24, 2010
Many many thanks, especially to Peter W. I never cease to be amazed at how much knowledge is "out there" and by the generosity of those who are willing to share it.

If I may ask another question, is there some reason to prefer the Appigo ToDo vs. the native iPhone app? I assume the native app would import the exisitning Appigo tasks...

Peter W, please know I will 'pay it forward' in some way, with gratitude to you.
PeterW 

Joanna117,

Now your next question is harder to answer! I guess it comes down to personal preference and there are plenty of people on the forum here who would prefer Toodledo's iPhone app over Appigo's Todo.

For me it is a combination of screen design and appearance, and the way that features work. I just prefer the way that Todo looks/feels for the most part. It has fewer options so can't be configured at the same granular level as Toodledo can but I think they've got the balance just right - it's easy to use yet powerful at the same time.

Here is one example... compare how Projects (i.e. Tasks with Sub-tasks) are handled on both devices. Toodledo requires the user to scroll first and tap another button whereas Todo does it all in one tap.

You can run both apps at the same time on your device and it works fine. I do this.
Jo117

Your guidance has been a godsend. I simply can't thank you enough.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.