ForumsQuestionsAdding a task by forwarding an email to Toodledo email address

Adding a task by forwarding an email to Toodledo email address
jefyou

Posted: Apr 26, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Okay, so I read the section on this in Toodledo. I enabled this feature. If I forward an email in my Gmail box to my Toodledo email (using !!! and # to set priority and dates) and it works. The task has a "note" attached with my complete original Gmail email.

However, if I send an email from my corporate email (Lotus Notes) the task comes through and the priority and date feature works but the original email is NOT placed in a note. I've tried to forward it natively and "Internet-Style forward." Does anyone know why this would happen and how to fix it? My Co-Worker uses Remember the Milk and it works fine with Lotus Notes.
marphod

I don't use Lotus Notes, so this is just a guess. Does Lotus Notes attempt to send the message as rich text (formatting, bold/italics, font sizes, or similar) or is it just plain text?
PeterW 

I've noticed in the past that emails from some Lotus Notes users are formatted within tables when recevied by Outlook. Maybe this is what's happening and Toodle discards this data?
jefyou

Posted: Apr 27, 2010
Thanks for the replies. After looking through soe of the settings under "Location Preferences" I found that mail was set to use Rich-Formatting. I changed it to MIME and it works!You guys are great.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.