ForumsQuestionsam I crazy to consider using TD as my calendar?

am I crazy to consider using TD as my calendar?
spencer

Posted: May 01, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I'm thinking about why do I use Google Calendar and synch it with my iPod Touch, and also synch Toodledo. (TD Pro member here)

Why not just put my appointments and meetings into TD with "due on" date and time?

I can see what's going on on a particular day with the calendar view on the web interface, or on my iPod Touch with the "Due Date" views. And it's sorted by date/time with the entries with a time coming first, so it's just like a calendar daily page.

Comments?
PeterW 

Posted: May 01, 2010
I think this could work really well. There would be a number of ways of approaching it within Toodledo, e.g. you could have an 'Appointments' folder or if you already use GTD workflow-style folders then perhaps a context or tag to identify appointments (as opposed to tasks) might be better.

I'd love to do this myself (i.e. have a single calendar) but my job enforces use of Outlook/Exchange. Consequently I don't use the Toodledo calendar and drive my workflow through the lists.
j2020

Posted: May 03, 2010
A somewhat related discussion here: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/849/0/tasks-vs-calender-events.html

This message was edited May 03, 2010.
saskia.x

Posted: May 04, 2010
It depends whether you use some of the extra features available in Google Calendar; for instance, I have a number of shared calendars with various people so I would miss those. Also, I just like having a nice, visual, colour coded calendar that I can glance at to see my commitments, and I find the built-in Toodledo one is just a bit too minimal for me. Google calendar is well supported for syncing with various services too.

But if you don't particularly need those features, then I don't see why not!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.