ForumsQuestionsMinor problems with display of "Modified on" and "Completed on"

Minor problems with display of "Modified on" and "Completed on"
skynet

Posted: May 12, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Are the following bugs (using version 1.6.2 on iPod Touch)?

1) When I click the check box for a task, it adds a line "Completed on ...". However, if I now click the checkbox again, the checkbox unchecks, but the message remains; there is now a contradiction in the display with the checkbox implying the task is no longer completed, but the message saying that is. You might say that the message only appears if the check box is checked but not the other way round, but this is not true; if you go into a task which is already checked and thus already has the message "Completed on ...", and then uncheck the check box, the "Completed on ..." message will correctly disappear. So the message disappears in this second scenario but not the first! Worst still, if you now check the checkbox again, the "Completed on ..." message does not appear!!

To me, the correct behaviour seems to be obvious: at every moment, when you check the checkbox, the "Completed on ..." message immediately appears, and when you uncheck the checkbox, the "Completed on ..." message immediately disappears.

2) There is a similar (though slightly different) problem with the modified date. The modified date does not update at all when the checkbox is checked, but yet the modified date has changed (which can be verified by only checking the checkbox, exiting the task, and returning to the task).

It seems to me that, since the "Completed on ..." is updated in real-time, the correct behaviour is also to update the modified date directly in real-time at the moment the user clicks on the check box.

Anyway, something to fix or not?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 13, 2010
Thanks for letting us know about this inconsistency. We'll get this fixed.
skynet

Posted: May 17, 2010
Great! Thanks.
skynet

Posted: Jun 22, 2010
I have just rechecked this in Toodledo 2.0.0 and it still is a problem. Looking forward to the fix!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.