ForumsQuestionsReminders/Alarms a dog's dinner

Reminders/Alarms a dog's dinner
TwoWolves

Posted: May 13, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I have just upgraded to a subscription account after nearly a year of using toodledo. One of the main reasons was so I could send reminders to multiple sources but I find myself quite dismayed by the crude standard of this feature.

1) It seems you can only send all alarms to each listed destination.

What? I need to be able to select the destination on a per task basis obviously. Work related tasks to my work email and SMS to work phone with all others to my iPhone - for example. The current system is useless.

2) I thought you would provide the SMS gateway much like Google.

My provider (O2 UK) does not provide an SMS gateway, thanks. Gateway providers I've looked at require login credentials in the email body and you don't provide for that it seems.

It would be good if delivery methods could be controlled by context or tag as this would simplify their addition and not require changes to the interfaces of current applications - certainly a dropped ball as it stands.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 13, 2010
Thanks for the suggestions. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.
TwoWolves

Posted: May 17, 2010
Great, glad to hear they are in the pipeline.

While I'm on the subject, it would be useful to be able to set multiple reminders as Pocket Informant does and also the ability to snooze reminders (so they will keep hounding you after a task is due). All available on the website interface of course - I get the impression you are currently putting more effort into the iPhone app, which is very good btw.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 17, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.