ForumsQuestionsCan tasks be moved to become subtasks?

Can tasks be moved to become subtasks?
gwtech

Posted: May 13, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I have been a Toodledo user for quite a while now. It has helped me tremendously, especially when the iPhone app was released.

Probably like others, I tweak Toodledo once I realize all or parts of that tweak isn't working. However, I'm not sure I can tweak this particular issue with subtasks. I've searched the forum and haven't found an answer to my question:

Is there a way to group tasks already buried in Toodledo?

Let me explain...when I first started using Toodledo, I imported hundreds tasks that used to be on my Palm. I followed no special rules for naming these tasks. This is something I do now after reading many posts on this forum. But now I find that I have many older tasks that are related (or can be related) to one larger task. I would like to be able to find those related tasks and move them under one larger task, making them subtasks.

I have not been able to find any easy way to do this. One way I guess can be to use the Search, but that would require knowing a word I can search on to find the tasks I need and move them under the task. I think the ideal situation would be to have something like the Tag, which would allow me to tag a task as a subtask of another task that already exists. Something that loads a list of my existing tasks, maybe filter-able by context, tag, etc, and then be able to make this older task become a subtask. There's probably a better way to design it, but I hope you get the idea.

I have not seen anything like this in Toodledo. Does it exist? If not, is it a planned feature? What workarounds, if any, have others who've experienced this come up with?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 13, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I dont think that this is doable in some simple steps. Subtasks are created by dragging them individually into the parent. There isn't a way to batch-move a bunch of tasks into another task.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.