ForumsQuestionsList forgets position when view ToDo detail

List forgets position when view ToDo detail
skynet

Posted: May 17, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
[This problem found on Toodledo 1.6.3 on iPod Touch]

In the past when I was looking at a list of ToDos, whenever I went into a particular ToDo to look at the detail, and then returned to the list of ToDos, the list was in the same place I left it. This was extremely user-friendly behaviour. Now, in the new version 1.6.3 it "forgets" where it was and always puts you at the start of the list (Grrr!).

This is extremely annoying. When you are, say, going through a list of 50 ToDos one-by-one and looking at the detail of each one, each time you view one, and then return to the list, you are no longer where you were in the list, and you have to scroll down again however many pages away the item was you chose to view. As well as having to do the page scrolling, the eye still has to find out where you were. Even on the first page of ToDos this is annoying, since I would in the past scroll to have the current item at the top of the page, where it would be when I came back to the list view; now when I come back the list is set again to show the list from the start, and my eye has to hunt on the screen for where my "current" Todo is in the list.

Toodledo folk, did you do this change on purpose, or is it something which you didn't realise you had changed? In any event, can we have it back as it was?! Or if you have chosen to make it work as it currently does, can we have as an option to have "remember my place scrolling"?

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 17, 2010
This was a bug that crept in by accident. It will be fixed and back to remembering where it was, in the next update. Sorry for the inconvenience.
skynet

Posted: May 18, 2010
I suspected as much. OK, thanks, looking forward to seeing it working again.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.