ForumsQuestionsSyncing Tasks from Outlook with Multiple Folders

Syncing Tasks from Outlook with Multiple Folders
Mark M

Posted: May 17, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I use Outlook 2003 at Work and several iPhone apps while out and about. I've used Toodledo for months as a background syncing tool but am now experimenting with some of its more advanced features.

Today I noticed something I hadn't witnessed before and it may be down to my 'system' not being supported.

Many of my tasks in Outlook can exist in multiple folders, for example I may have a task in my [Admin] folder. If this is the only place it resides then its effectively a 'Someday / Maybe' task.

When I want to get it onto my weekly plan, I attach a secondary folder called [Weekly Tasks], these are the tasks I plan to do that week. Therefore, the task (in Outlook) will now be visible when viewing my [Admin] tasks and my {Weekly Tasks] ... to complicate things, I have another category called [Today] that is for tasks I want to complete today, thus a task may be in 3 categories (folders) at the same time.

It appears that Toodledo sync doesn't like this and only displays the task in one folder (category).

Can anyone please advise if there is a setting that I've misssed or, if unsupported, an alternative approach to dealing with the challenge of master task list to weekely task to today's task ... I'd rather not use dates in tasks unless such dates are 'drop dead' which is rarely the case.

All help gratefully appreciated.

Mark
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 17, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
The Outlook Sync tool was made by a third-party developer. Please contact them for support with their product. They can be reached at : http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx

Hope that helps.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.