ForumsQuestionsHelp me understand...in my terms:

Help me understand...in my terms:
kentpavelka

Posted: May 18, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I am learning how repeat tasks work. Note: the Toodledo Forum notes on How Date Modifers work doesn't help me. The explanation there about due by, due on, due after and optionally on, just don't explain it to me.

I do finally understand the following:

-a task scheduled to repeat with a ? before it (optionally on) means that IF THAT TASK IS UNCHECKED ON A GIVEN DAY, IT DISAPPEARS FROM THAT DAY'S LIST AND REAPPEARS ON THE DATE IT IS RESCHEDULED. Do I have this right??

My questions: (fill in the rest of the sentence like above, please)..

1. -a task scheduled to repeat with a = before it (due on) means______________?
2. -a task scheduled to repeat with a > before it (due after) means
_________________?
3.-a task scheduled to repeat with no symbol before it (due by-default) means__________?

If someone can talk my language per the above, I would appreciate it VERY, VERY much.

k.p.
Linden

Score: 0 Reference
Hi k.p.

I think all three of your questions can be answered with the same end. A non-optional task schedule to repeat (with or without date modifiers) will repeat when it is checked off. The new task will have the due date moved out by the amount specified in your repeat settings (weekly, every Tues, etc./from due or completion date) and will use the same modifier as the original.

So, a scheduled (non-optional) task scheduled to repeat with a = before it (due on) means that when it is checked off, a new task will appear at the next scheduled date with and = (due on) status.

I hope this helps!
Claudio

Score: 2 Reference
k.p.

The key point here is that the modifiers '=' and '>' do not directly affect the due date for a repeating task. Those modifiers affect when a task will show up on your list, based on the "Future Tasks" filter (which is based on your "Hide Future Tasks" setting: http://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=13 ), and your Hotlist, based on your Hotlist settings: http://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=10. (Also, the modifier will be carried over to the next instance of a repeating task.)

The only date modifier that directly affects what happens with repeating tasks is '?', and it seems that you understand how that works.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.