ForumsQuestionsBump for Wake-Up Call, Stop dreaming, You need to hire.

Bump for Wake-Up Call, Stop dreaming, You need to hire.
Transisto

Posted: May 20, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I keep visiting the forum, Every day there is ~2 new legitimate complain or feature request.

On the other side there is one of them solved per month.

With the quantity of accumulated "legitimate" fix and feature requested I estimate it would take about 30 years for "Him alone" to get it done.

I spent so much time learning how to use Toodledo but will have to move if things don't improve faster here.
Linden

Posted: May 20, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Transisto, in case you weren't aware, Toodledo IS hiring. Developers. So that features can be rolled out faster.

The 2+ legitimate complaints and feature requests are in most cases not simple fixes that just require a variable to be toggled in the code base. Every change has an impact on dozens, if not hundreds, of other parts of this utility. It's going to require careful balance to introduce the functions without breaking the program for users who don't need them.

I, too, am looking forward to seeing many of the proposed upgrades. However, spamming forum with REPEAT requests just wastes time. It wastes Toodledo's time, because they do read many of the forums to keep an eye out for NEW requests or bugs. And it wastes the time of your fellow readers who are interested in reading about new tips tricks or ideas.

Be patient or move on, but please stop being disruptive.
Transisto

Posted: May 21, 2010
Sorry if I was disruptive to you.

I know some feature are dependent on others, But most complains I'm underlining have to do with User interface being qualified as : "Ugly", "unintuitive" and sometime completely off common sense.

For my brain it's near impossible to remember thing that make little sense.

That mean I could be using toodledo for years and I'd still be forgetting how to do basic stuff like adding a subtask.
Claudio

Score: 3 Reference
Transisto, obviously you are frustrated with Toodledo. But, there are many other alternatives available to you.

Some online services: http://www.toodledo.com/info/compare.php

And, here's a very powerful desktop application that integrates with Pocket PC devices: http://www.mylifeorganized.net/

If you find something better than Toodledo, then use it.

Meanwhile, there have been significant improvements to Toodledo over the past few years. For example, take a look at "2009 in Review": http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/4319/0/2009-in-review.html
cjuzda

Score: 2 Reference
@Claudio I agree completely. The Toodledo people have repeatedly indicated they are well aware the UI needs work but a major UI overhauls for a fairly complex web app is a major project and right now TD stacks up very well against the competition. Transisto's tirades are not helping anyone and he should just move on if he finds something better as he has threatened to do. If he doesn't find something better he should just stop the rants - The TD folks have seen them and so has everyone else, let's get back to more productive input that people can actually make use of. Also stop the ridiculous bumping please.
Alan

Posted: May 22, 2010
Jakes recent post in the "News" forum to me is exactly about this. Changes are coming, but required a re-write of the "guts" behind Toodledo. Now that this is done, I suspect there will be big interface changes rolled-out over the next few months.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.