ForumsQuestionsTimeframe and Todo List: why not make public ?

Timeframe and Todo List: why not make public ?
Studio

Posted: May 21, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I absolutely LOVE Toodledo (i've just switched from RTM to Toodledo).
I'm lurking in this great forum and see that the Team is always avaible to reply to our request.

I see that the most of time replies are just:
thanks for suggestion, it's on our to do list

(I've read the Toodledo readme post about timeframe and todo list and i can understand the point of view of Developer)

Just asking: why not make timeframe - todo list avaible to users ?
I mean: why not add a sort of voting for the most_wanted_requests (someone here use Dropbox ? See their votebox system) or a similiar system ?

It can be useful to us and also to Toodledo ...
What do you think about that ?

Please Toodledo don't reply:
it's on our to do list ... :)
Transisto

Posted: May 21, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
I agree, I would also like this todo list publicly available, part of it at least.

From the thousands of Toodledo users there must be some clever mind that could help provide solution paths.
Simply knowing what is being / to be worked on next would invite constructive discussions on the matter and would definitely help the developers better fulfill customers needs.

It is a matter syncing developer context with users idea and suggestions.
For example: Knowing a developers context is "working on the Firefox add-on", Someone could have noticed right away : "Hey you forgot a reminder drop-menu" (that took years to fix)

Mismanagement is my greatest fear at Toodledo.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 25, 2010
We have answered this question a number of times in the forums already. Here is one

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/3023/-15967/feature-request-user-ranking-system.html
Captain_Obvious

Score: -3 Reference
Posted by Toodledo:
We have answered this question a number of times in the forums already. Here is one:

It would decrease our freedom to work on what we want to work on. This freedom is important for our motivation and for our ability to react quickly to embrace new directions that we might want to go. Also, pre-announcing all our future feature enhancements would tip off our competitors.

How many people's freedom is being referred to ?

Our freedom in here is somehow mutually exclusive. If so many people are complaining and working countless hours on workarounds and greasmonkey script, they must feel somewhat locked into your system.

What if... we're thousand stuck in here, clueless, waiting for your "WE" to be a man and standup to the task ?

This message was edited May 25, 2010.
PeterW 

@Honestly_Responsible: Toodledo is a business, not a democratic institution. We don't actually get a vote on the direction of the business, the planned enhancements, features, etc. We can't demand anything.

As customers, we simply use the service if it works for us and if it doesn't, then we go find something else that suits our needs better. No-one is stuck here in Toodledo-land.
chris

The "many times answered" link provides a strange answer-- that having a way to vote on enhancements must limit developer freedom. why not have a mechanism so users can make their preferences known but not treat it as a requirement for development... in other words, just because people have a voice and hearing that voice can be valuable doesn't mean it has to be considered marching orders for what is or isn't done. But at least we as users could be confident that we are being heard and that there is an accurate picture being given of the weight behind any suggestion.

Such a system could even be limited to (or seen as a feature of) pro accounts...
katey_batey

yup
PeterW 

Score: 2 Reference
We already get feedback that our requests have been added to the development todo list.

Publishing this list and showing the weight behind individual suggestions would be unwise in my opinion and probably create much more trouble amongst the user community than any perceived benefit.

This is my opinion - I'm just a user and can't speak for Toodledo...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.