ForumsQuestionsAbility to drill down to one "task"?

Ability to drill down to one "task"?
jason.schleifer

Posted: May 24, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Howdy folks! there may have already been a question about this, but I didn't have much time to search & am about to head off to meetings so I was hoping to see if anyone had any suggestions. :)

I'm trying to use tasks and sub-tasks to manage project-type things.. so for example my task may be:
Add a new graphic for my website
and the subtasks are:
- find nice font
- enter text
- save as png
- upload to ftp site
- replace tag on index.html

I currently have a "Projects" folder where all my projects live.. and I've got a lot of projects.

What I'd like to do is drill down and show only the current project I'm working on with all it's sub-tasks. Just to simplify and keep the interface clean.

Does anyone know of a good way to do this?

thanks!
-jason
PeterW 

Posted by jason.schleifer:
What I'd like to do is drill down and show only the current project I'm working on with all it's sub-tasks. Just to simplify and keep the interface clean.

Does anyone know of a good way to do this?

I guess you could have two folders, one for Active Projects and the other for Inactive (or Someday/Future) Projects. And then just file them accordingly.

EDIT: Or you could use the Status field to flag them as active and use a filter (or search tab) to show only the one you want to see.

This message was edited May 24, 2010.
Quang

What I do is,

Use *Star for the current task I'm working on.

And use a Save Search titled "Now*" which just displayed un-completed tasks with a Star.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.