ForumsQuestionsIs There A Way To Edit Tags?

Is There A Way To Edit Tags?
GoGo97

Posted: Sep 11, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Is there a way to see all of your tags at once and edit them?

I want to change or shorten some of my original tags without going in and changing all the tags on individual tasks. Is there a way to pull up the total list and simply edit them (a la tags in G-mail)?

Thanks.

This message was edited Sep 12, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 12, 2008
There is no way to pull up a list of your tags. What you can do is do a search for a tag, and then use the Multi-Edit tool to change all of those tags to something else.

Hope that helps.
otterbyte

Posted: Dec 18, 2008
Will this work on items with multiple tags, when you only want to edit one? Or will the new value overwrite all the existing tags including the one you wish to change?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The multi-edit tool will replace all the tags with whatever new value(s) you have typed in.
otterbyte

Posted by Toodledo:
The multi-edit tool will replace all the tags with whatever new value(s) you have typed in.

Not to sound like a complete ingrate (I love this program) but are there plans to make the tags more taglike? As in, lists of tags, maybe a tag cloud, global tag editing, full multi-tag support? I know you guys are already doing a lot, just wondering if this was something on the horizon. Thanks!
aderbyjones

Posted: Dec 20, 2008
How would I then delete a tag? When I imported my todo list, I ended up with redundant tags...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 20, 2008
We do plan to enhance the support for tags in the future.

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.