ForumsQuestionsSynching from Toodledo to Outlook

Synching from Toodledo to Outlook
AlohaNas

Posted: Jun 05, 2010
Score: -1 Reference
Software: Microsoft Outlook 2010 (Beta)

Mobile: iPhone 3GS
Software: Toodledo iPhone App

After having created a To-Do List in Toodledo and placed various tasks into different folders, I have tried to do a "MANUAL SYNC" through the
'SyncApp' icon (right-clicking).

A red outline flashes around the box with the green tick.
This suggests syncing in progress. (I guess with server)

The data is fine for syncing with the iPhone too - NO PROBLEM!

But why does it not sync with outlook and add the tasks there?

If you create a task in Outlook and sync and comes into Toodledo and then onto iPhone, but it does not seem to work the other way.

Can anyone help?

Regards
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 07, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
The Outlook Sync tool was made by a third-party developer. Please contact them for support with their product. They can be reached at : http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx

Hope that helps.
MBBHouston

Score: -1 Reference
That reply from Toodledo is pretty lame and sounds like an evasive cop-out... Outlook isn't responsible for Toodledo performance, Toodledo is !
I have the same question and would like an answer.

Also, the answer to the question about using color is lame ... surely you guys who are supposedly the experts can do better than no answer.
PeterW 

Score: 1 Reference
@MBBHouston,

It's not a cop-out answer. Just to clarify in case Toodledo's answer wasn't clear, Toodledo does not develop the Outlook sync software and they don't own it and therefore they can't support it.

You are using software developed by another company. It is designed to pull the data out of Toodledo and then put it into Outlook. Toodledo has absolutely nothing to do with the sync process aside from it being the repository of your tasks.

That's why you have to talk to the third-party developer, unless another user of that software in these forums can chip in with some suggestions.
daveway

Posted: Jun 08, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
I would also point out that Nas is using Outlook 2010 Beta.

Outlook 2010 is new and very different from previous versions.

I have about 5 Outlook plugins I've been using since Outlook 2003, through 2007, and none of them work with Outlook 2010 ---- yet.

So it really is up to the developer of the plugins to get them working with the latest version of Outlook.

And, as has already been mentioned, the developer of the Outlook Toodledo sync plugin is not Toodledo.
Me_cam

Posted: Jul 17, 2010
I'm using Outlook 2007 and have the same problem. I've asked Chromatic Dragon for assistance but nothing yet. Any luck solving this Nas?
HansD

Posted: Jul 17, 2010
Using Outlook 2007, and everything works fine.

@Me_cam, what does the diagnostics show? (tab on the toodlesync app)
And what are your syncing settings ?

And have a look at http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncFaq.aspx

This message was edited Jul 17, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.