ForumsQuestionsWrong user-interface element used to display notes?

Wrong user-interface element used to display notes?
skynet

Posted: Jun 12, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
The following problem occurs on an iPod Touch (iPhone).

When I have a todo and I add a note, things are OK until the note becomes longer than the size of the screen left for the note. At that point it is impossible to read the note without clicking "Edit Note". Now, look what I have to do here, to simply READ a note I many have to click EDIT note! I don't think this should be the case. I think that notes of any length should be readable simply by scrolling. This is exactly how it works for example in the "Contacts" and "Calendar" applications on the iPhone; if I have a contact or calendar event, and I had a very long "Note" field, that field is readable when I view the item, though I may of course have to scroll the screen.

I think that Toodledo in this case is therefore using the wrong user interface element to do the notes. Sure, it looks cute, but that's no good if the usability sucks. And it's really not user-friendly that if I have a long note, I cannot read it without editing it.

Whaddya think Toodledo folks?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 13, 2010
This is a bug that we fixed and submitted to Apple for approval already. Apple has been sitting on this one for a long time and we don't know why it is taking so long. Apple is probably swamped because of the iOS 4 release, but hopefully they will get to us soon.
skynet

Posted: Jun 22, 2010
OK, thanks for the update. I just checked if it was still a problem on the current Toodledo version (2.0.0) and it still is. I'll check back from time to time.

This message was edited Jun 22, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.