ForumsQuestionsFor News forum put date in Subject field 6.16.2010

For News forum put date in Subject field 6.16.2010
lite1

Posted: Jun 16, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Two related suggestions to make the "News" forum more user friendly:

1) Put date that you first create the topic in the Subject. In that way reader knows when the topic was initiated rather than seeing it at the top of the listings because someone had sent a thank you comment, or other reply.

2) This would take more work than #1 but give even greater flexibility for reader - create a toggle so that the Topic list could be sorted by most recent post date/date topic was created(this might also need to allow for sorting ascending/descending by date although a default of newest date first would probably work fine as well).

While the above is small request it might be particularly helpful to new people coming to News the first time or for old timers who go to News infrequently.

Thanks, Edward

This message was edited Jun 16, 2010.
PeterW 

I've also been been thinking about the News forum recently - threads are sometimes taken off-track and have bug reports and comments in them, and as you've mentioned older threads get bumped up by posts which can be confusing even for regulars.

My feeling is that the News forum should be restricted so that only Toodledo can post announcements there. This would remove the need for prefixing the subject with a date and would also solve the problem of sort order caused when follow up posts bump older messages. And it keeps the News section clean which would be a good reference for both new and existing users.

It also forces (encourages?) us to start our own threads in the Questions forum if we want to ask something or make a request or comment, which I think would be much neater all round.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestions. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.
Transisto Post deleted
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.