ForumsQuestionsFire Fox Sidebar Folder Sort Order (Always Descending)

Fire Fox Sidebar Folder Sort Order (Always Descending)
Brian_Mercer

Posted: Jun 19, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Is there a way to sort by Folder in the Fire Fox sidebar in ascending alpha order? It always seems to sort backwards.
PeterW 

Posted: Jun 19, 2010
@Brian - there is a sort button on the right hand side of the top bar of the sidebar (i.e. the bar below the Toodledo logo that shows "Top > Folder > ..." etc.

You only get one sort order in the sidebar so tasks might not sort exactly as you see them in the main Toodledo window.
Brian_Mercer

Posted: Jun 21, 2010
I have my folders labeled:

1 - First Thing
2 - Morning
3 - Lunch
4 - Afternoon
5 - Early Evening
6 - Evening
7 - Night

They are sorting starting with 7 and descending to 1. No way to change that?
Jerry

Posted by PeterW:
You only get one sort order in the sidebar so tasks might not sort exactly as you see them in the main Toodledo window.

I find this annoying. I've things sorted the same way in Got To Do and on the website. Because of this I expect tasks to be in certain places. Try the sidebar and things are, to me, random.
Brian_Mercer

The toughest part of the sidebar is the ability to filter things. If I use Today, I can't sort all the tasks meaningfully. The only thing that is usable it viewing what's starred. For the most part it works okay, except for the sorting of folders. It makes no sense.
PeterW 

@Brian - I'm sorry... I thought you were talking about sorting tasks but after reading your message again, I can see you were talking about sorting folders. My aologies.

My folders are sorting in the same order as I have them sorted in the main Toodledo interface, which I've set in Folder settings. I just changed the order in my settings and after closing and re-opening the sidebar, this new order was reflected.

Are your folders sorted 1-7 in the main Toodledo window?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.