ForumsQuestionsGUI For Reals

GUI For Reals
jhall

Posted: Jun 25, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
I just got the iPad Todo app because it would sync on line with a master list I could maneuver on my desktop. Really, this is the interface of Toodledo? How do you get work done? It shouldn't take me five minutes to move an item to a different list/project without it getting accidentally indented. You had such an opportunity here and it just seems like you could care less about user experience. Sorry if I sound annoyed; I'm sure you have lots of fans but there is absolutely nothing intuitive about the online interface, imho.
Transisto

Posted: Jun 25, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I think the owner must have moved to using another iPhone apps and resorted to using the hundreds of user-generated greasemonkeys script and workarounds for his web UI task management needs.

Otherwise I don't know what's going on... I hope it's something big coming-on. (update)

What annoy me the most is that there's about 30 times more work being done on complex workaround for simple fixes, than actual work on the project, (From what I saw in the last 8 months.)

This message was edited Jun 25, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 26, 2010
Score: 3 Reference
Transisto,

It is clear from your comments here and elsewhere in the forums that you are unhappy with the pace and/or direction with which we are working on Toodledo, but that Toodledo still remains an important tool for you. I assure you that we are working extremely hard on Toodledo to add exciting new functionality and make important improvements. We are a very small company and we need to apply our resources judiciously. We cannot work miracles and magically redesign the entire website or add major features overnight. It takes time. Please be patient with us.

-Jake
PeterW 

Posted: Jun 26, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by jhall:
It shouldn't take me five minutes to move an item to a different list/project without it getting accidentally indented. You had such an opportunity here and it just seems like you could care less about user experience. Sorry if I sound annoyed; I'm sure you have lots of fans but there is absolutely nothing intuitive about the online interface, imho.

Like any application, it takes a while to become familiar with how Toodledo works.

I recently tested out two other online task managers with more modern interfaces but I can tell you that they were no easier to use or to navigate. And they were missing a lot of important features to boot.

The more features, the more time it takes to learn. Give it a bit more time and you will become comfortable with it.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.