ForumsQuestionsNotes folders don't sync

Notes folders don't sync
aaron

Posted: Jun 30, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I looked on the forum but couldn't find an answer to this issue:

When I imported my outlook tasks and notes to Toodledo the first time, having mapped outlook categories to toodledo folders, the tasks synced fine, but 75% of my notes were identified as having "no folder". This, even though everything has a category in outlook. Does anyone know how to correct this?

Some further information might help: 1) I manually moved a few notes into existing folders, and when I synced them, the title of the note duplicated. in other words, even though the note is now in the correct folder/ category, where once a note said:
Shopping List

Tomatoes
milk
apples

now it says:
Shopping List
Shopping List

Tomatoes
milk
apples

2) As I looked at it, it *seems* like anything that had the same category as an existing task synced correctly, but any note whose categories weren't associated with a task didn't. At least I think that's the case.

Thanks for any advice.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 02, 2010
How are you syncing your notes? Via the Chromatic Dragon third-party software, or via the CSV import tool that we have on this website?
aaron

Posted: Jul 08, 2010
I'm using the "Toodledo - To Do List" app on my ipod touch. Sorry I didn't mention that. You think you're giving as much information as you can, but there's always something missing!
alaskasail

Posted: Jul 09, 2010
Once on line at this website, I want to move "no folder" notes into folders. How do I do that?
TheGriff_2

Posted: Jul 09, 2010
You must go into each note to be moved, edit the note and then choose the correct folder from the drop down. Don't forget to then save the edit.
aaron

Posted: Jul 13, 2010
I'm still not sure why moving them in outlook doesn't change anything. Every one of my notes has a category in outlook, but in Toodledo, most of them end up having "no folder".
patrick

Posted: Dec 06, 2010
This problem still seems to exist. I like my notes from outlook to map their categories to folders in Toodledo. Would help me greatly.
patrick

Posted: Dec 15, 2010
I managed 'a kind of' syncing the notes. This is how I did it:

1 - The note is in Outlook in the category 'x'
2 - I create folder 'x' online on Toodledo.com at the task section
3 - I edit the task in Outlook, like adding a dot or something
4 - When you sync now, the note seems to recognize the category/folder and will put the note in the right category.

Not straight forward, but at least I got my notes in the right category online.

This message was edited Dec 15, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.